"Never expect things to be good" A blog from Chris Welton

Monday 21 July 2008

Set fire to the update on fire!

Before you can say "4 weeks!", I'm back! I am stunned the time has flown by with no updates over all this time. Lack of blogging is not good. Not good in the slightest. Sure it wasn't a "Ten years!" moment but I didn't even do a Glastonbury/Wakestock review. As Andy Gray would say "Poor!" Jay-z was incredible, the vibe was tremendous, yada yada yada, old news...

Anyway, I did write a blog about my iPhone 3G purchase, but I never put it up. Was this a decision based on preserving my integruity and not bragging? No. I simply didn't put it up. If you want to read about my thrilling tale (it was pretty exciting, honest) of my 3G purchase, then go here

Anyway, just to update you all, I wore ankle socks for the first time today. Now, the weather today has been superb. Walking through Princes Street Gardens I am genuinely excited by the precense of tourists, so long as we are rewarded with some sun to boot. But for some reason, I have been consistently cold in the office. Why? Is there a particular draft right by my feet? No. It's these pointless socks which barely go over my ankles. Both my legs have been unusually cold all day all because of these last-pair-in-the-draw socks. Good in hot conditions + shorts. Absolutely pointless in Edinburgh.

Second exciting piece of news today. The Google Street View car whizzed past my office today. No fibbing at all! I'm certain cos Jemima Kiss blogged about it earlier today with some photos showing the camera equipment. My desk looks directly into the road but at wall level, so I can't really see most cars. But then, this black pole with cameras and some yellow computer attached rolled on by. I think it is a bit like when Charlie finds the Golden ticket. Except it offers no whimsical prize, and doesn't come with a nice bar of chocolate. Unfortunately I was rooted to my desk and didn't get out quick enough to be forever immortilised on Google Street view! Bah! Keep up to date with Google ghost car appearances with this handy map.

No comments: