"Never expect things to be good" A blog from Chris Welton

Saturday 17 May 2008

Que Sera, Sera...

Well, the unthinkable has happened. Rochdale AFC, the most "unsuccessful club" in English football (famed for never leaving the lowest flight in the football league) are going to the play-off final to battle Stockport for a place in League One

Beating Darlington on penalties today means the Dale are off to Wembley for the first time in their 100 year history.

My love affair with the club started two years ago after my uncle's company MMC became sponsors. Ok, so not the most romantic football story, but a few games at Spotland has turned me into a fully fledged supporter.

And having experienced the horror/joy of actively supporting a team in the playoffs, I can safely say I can't wait for Wembley. Whether I can make it down or not is not decided, either way, the Dale are going up.

I'm so confident in fact, I've created a Hubdub question, so think I'm wrong? Take me on here.

No comments: